Template Shadow

                            Kennedy Music students

Student Registration (enrollment) forms NOW available on line

If you would like to fill out your student's registration form  please click here  to access forms.  Please print form, fill out completely. These forms are also available at the District Office at 750 Bradford Street Redwood City, CA 94063.

How do I go about enrolling my child in the school(Grades 1-8)? Español

You need to got to the District Office between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. to enroll your child during the regular school year.

How do I enroll my child in kindergarten? Español

To learn about kindergarten registration, please click here.

Do I have a choice of schools? Español

Yes, the Redwood City School District offers a variety of school options through its School of Choice program.  Parents/guardians of all students new to the District (including kindergarten) must complete a Schools of Choice application (available at each school site and the District Office) only if they would like their child to attend a school other than their home school. Students have priority to remain at their assigned neighborhood school. 

What sort of paperwork do I need to enroll my child? Español

When registering your child, you are required to bring one copy, plus the original of the following documents:

1.     Birth Certificate, Baptismal certificate or passport, parent/guardian photo ID.

2.     Proof of residence:
Current, original utility bills or original rental receipt with manager or owner phone number, plus one of the   following: Sales contract, grant deed, or current property tax bill (home owners) or rental agreement or original rental receipt with manager or owner phone number (renters), or notarized letter from owner or renter or your residence and a utilities bill in their name (renting a room).

3.    Health records: 
Immunization record: polio, diphtheria, measles, mumps and rubella required; Hepatitis B is required for kindergarten only; TB is optional. Booster for measles, mumps and rubella also needed before kindergarten.

Is my child guaranteed a spot at our neighborhood school? Español

Students who live within the school attendance area get first priority for attending their neighborhood school. An attendance area is a defined geographic boundary for a school that is determined by the Board of Education.   However, if classes are already filled at the time they apply, the enrollment office will assign them to a school that has space available and will place them on a waiting list according to the order in which they enrolled.  Students will be admitted in that order as spots open up. Until a spot opens up, students will be placed at another school in the district.

Does my child have to attend our neighborhood school? Español

If parents/guardians would like their child to attend a school other than their assigned school,  they must first submit a student registration (enrollment) form for their assigned neighborhood school.  Then, they must complete a Schools of Choice/Transfer Application (available at each school site and the District Office.)

Last Modified on September 28, 2015
Template Shadow