Kindergarten Information for Students Entering School in 2015-16
Kindergarten Options for Incoming Students
The Redwood City School District offers a variety of school options for incoming kindergarteners. You may register your child to attend kindergarten at your assigned neighborhood school, you may apply for one of the Schools of Choice without neighborhood boundaries (Adelante, Orion, Spanish Immersion at Selby Lane), or you may apply to attend a neighborhood school other than your assigned neighborhood school. Please read the information below carefully so that you understand the steps you need to take to register your child for kindergarten.
Kindergarten/Transitional Kindergarten (TK) Registration Key Dates
Kindergarten Cut-off Dates for 2015-16:Your child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2015 to register for kindergarten in 2015-16. Students may register for Transitional Kindergarten (TK) if they turn 5 years old between September 2, 2015 and December 2, 2015.
When registering your child, you are required to bring one copy, plus the original of the following documents:
1. RCSD registration form, filled out.
2. Birth Certificate, Baptismal certificate or passport, parent/guardian photo ID.
3. Proof of residence: Current, original utility bills or original rental receipt with manager or owner phone number, plus one of the following: Sales contract, grant deed, or current property tax bill (home owners) or rental agreement or original rental receipt with manager or owner phone number (renters), or notarized letter from owner or renter or your residence and a utilities bill in their name (renting a room).
4. Health records: Immunization record: polio, diphtheria, measles, mumps and rubella required; Hepatitis B is required for kindergarten only; TB is optional. Booster for measles, mumps and rubella also needed before kindergarten.
If you want your child to attend your assigned neighborhood school:
If you want your child to attend Adelante, the Spanish Immersion program at Selby Lane or Orion:
If you want your child to attend a neighborhood school other than your assigned neighborhood school:
• Please register for kindergarten at your assigned neighborhood school from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, November 8 at your assigned neighborhood school, or at the district office, 750 Bradford St., Redwood City, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday-Friday.
• If the number of spaces available after all neighborhood students are placed exceeds the number of students who apply, students will be assigned a number on the waitlist according to the district’s priority order of enrollment and a random computer lottery process. (Please refer to www.rcsdk8.net/enrollment for more details.)
• You will be able to find out if your child was placed at their school or choice, or find out their waitlist number, on February 27 on the district website, www.rcsdk8.net/schoolsofchoice.
Last Modified on Tuesday at 2:28 PM